• 27.7 million tons or 12.6% by weight.*
• 205 pounds of yard waste per person.*
• In 1960, yard waste was 22.7% of MSW.
• 90% of yard waste is generated at homes and 10% at businesses.
• 12.5 million tons at composting facilities, for a 45.3% composting rate.*
• In 1999, 3,804 yard waste composting facilities operated in the United States.
• Ohio has the most yard waste composting facilities in the United States.
• Uncompacted yard waste has a density of 250 pounds per cubic yard to 500 pounds per cubic yard.
• Landfilled yard waste has a density of 1,500 pounds per cubic yard.
Click here for source information.
From Our Shredding FAQs
Q: Is an employee bonded company the same as one that is NAID certified?
A: Not at all. According to the American Health Information Management Association, "employee bonding has no real value as any form of liability indemnification...
Get More Answers