OCC = Old Corrugated Containers
• 29.7 million tons or 12.6 percent by weight*
• 204.2 pounds per person per year *
• 33 million tons in 2004 (industry data)
• 21.2 million tons or 71.3 percent *
• 24 million tons or percent in 2003 (industry data)
• Generally less than 40%
• A greater percentage of recycled content is found in the corrugated medium than liner board
• If correctly shredded, OCC is highly compostable
• Landfilled OCC weights 750 lbs/cubic yard
• Loose, unbaled OCC weighs 50 – 100 pounds/cubic yard
• Baled OCC weighs 1,000 – 1,200 pounds/cubic yard
Click here for source information.
From Our Shredding FAQs
Q: Is an employee bonded company the same as one that is NAID certified?
A: Not at all. According to the American Health Information Management Association, "employee bonding has no real value as any form of liability indemnification...
Get More Answers